Jack Kent Cooke Young Artist Award – Application Guide
If you are a returning applicant:
If you have previously applied for the From the Top Learning and Media Lab Fellowship, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we will give you access to our Application Update form.
If you are a small-ensemble member who would like to apply for the JKCYA Award:
If you are applying for the From the Top Fellowship as a member of a small ensemble and you would also like to apply for the Jack Kent Cooke Young Artist Award, please contact email@example.com for instructions.
If you are a first-time applicant:
- Click here to access our application portal
- Click the Register button to create an account on SurveyMonkey Apply. Follow the instructions to set up your account.
- Once you’ve completed registration, select “From the Top SCHOLARSHIP Application: Learning and Media Lab Fellowship AND Jack Kent Cooke Young Artist Award”
- Follow instructions in the portal to complete and submit your application. There is no application fee to apply.
An application for the Jack Kent Cooke Young Artist Award is also an application to From the Top’s Learning and Media Lab Fellowship program. The Award cannot be granted without full participation in our Fellowship program.
To apply for both opportunities, please complete only the application titled: “From the Top SCHOLARSHIP Application: Learning and Media Lab Fellowship AND Jack Kent Cooke Young Artist Award.”
Materials that you’ll need:
- At least two unedited, un-enhanced video or audio samples of your music for upload into the application portal
- Contact information for two teachers (an academic teacher and a music teacher) who are willing to write you recommendations. They will receive further instructions and forms after you’ve submitted your online application.
- A copy of your family’s most recent tax forms (including all schedules, attachments, and W2 forms), and a copy of your recent academic transcripts
- NOTE: We maintain a secure encrypted platform to receive these documents electronically, so please do not send these documents by mail or email. You will find more instructions in the online application.