Be on the NPR Radio Show
“Being on From the Top has been one of the best experiences our quartet could have ever asked for.” – Ekdev Rajkitkul, 17, saxophone
Summer 2020 Update!
Are you interested in applying to be on From the Top’s nationally broadcasted NPR Radio Show? This summer, there are two ways to audition!
- Sign up for our virtual “live” auditions from July 27 – August 29. Summer Virtual “Live” Auditions are free of charge and are held via Zoom with our From the Top Music and Admissions team. Learn more about Virtual Live Auditions here.
– OR –
- Submit a traditional application and video materials online through our standard application portal. This is our traditional online audition which is reviewed by a panel and can be completed at your own pace.
For more information on how to sign-up for an audition, please email email@example.com.
If you have already applied for our radio program, STOP RIGHT THERE! Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we will give you access to our Application Update form.
What’s it like to be on From the Top?
- It’s a unique and fun opportunity to share music in a positive, non-competitive environment.
- It’s the chance to reach hundreds of thousands of listeners through a national radio broadcast.
- It’s an opportunity to join an organization dedicated to celebrating and empowering young classically-trained musicians and to discover your own unique leadership path.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible if you:
- Are between the ages of 8–18 and have not enrolled in a college or conservatory.
- Live in or have a significant training connection to the US.
- Solo instrumentalists
- Small ensembles (8 members or fewer)
- Large ensembles (9 members or more)
From the Top’s primary focus is to present music from the western classical tradition. However, we occasionally present music from other non-pop genres including folk music, world music, spirituals, and acoustic or piano jazz.
For more information, please read our FAQs. For more instructions on applying, click on the links below.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, although applicants interested in a specific recording may indicate so on their application. Live auditions are also held periodically across the country, but are not required to apply.
High School Seniors
Please note that our season is typically fully booked each year by March or April. High school seniors should therefore apply no later than December 31st of their senior year to ensure that their application is reviewed while they are still eligible to be featured on the show.