Apply for the Alumni Leadership Grant
Applications for the 2019 Alumni Leadership Grant are due on Friday, January 11, 2019.
OverviewThe From the Top Alumni Leadership Grant program will offer 2-3 grants of up to $5,000 each to From the Top alumni ages 18–26 for projects that:
- Reflect concern for civic responsibility as artists
- Expand the professional skills and capacity of the arts leader
- Include a highly collaborative community engagement component, particularly with a community or group in need of assistance
- Incorporate a plan for a continuing relationship and/or remote follow-up with the community being served
More about Alumni Leadership projects
The above criteria could be met in a variety of ways, and we look forward to a wide range of proposals. Here are a few potential areas of focus for projects:
- Media – video or multimedia that shares music with new audiences; OR that explores themes of social/civic change; OR that bridges genres with interdisciplinary collaboration
- Live Performance – a concert, or concert series, with measurable community impact and/or educational aspects
- Education – work in classrooms, alternative programming, or other workshops, seminars, etc.
Considering the scope and size of the grant, we encourage projects that incorporate two or more of the above elements. That said, we also welcome projects that interpret the core criteria in ways we have not suggested. For reference, please see the purpose statement for a successful 2017 grantee, The Heartbeat Project
Deadlines and important informationApplicants must submit all the following materials by January 11, 2019:
1. A completed application, which includes the following:
- Purpose Statement
- Proposed timeline of project tasks
- Proposed budget for grant, including income and other potential sources of funding
- (Optional) A current resume, detailing relevant experience
2. Two (2) recommendation letters, emailed directly from recommenders.
Applicants will be notified of their status after February 25, 2019.
The Alumni Leadership Grant is generously funded by the Howard and Geraldine Polinger Family Foundation.